MissyMe92 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unhappy Dreaming of ghosts, spirits, shadows..

I have this recurring dream that is getting worse and affecting my sleep.

It varies some each time, but is typically the same concept: I find myself in an old house. I will either find a secret room or a section of the house. The new room/section is haunted. I can feel a terrible presence. I can't breath. It is an OVERWHELMING sense of dread. I usually never see a ghost or spirit, but I know they are there.

Last night, I dreamt I was in a hotel suite and one room was so thick with spirits that I couldn't talk. The spirits were literally sucking the life out of me. I woke in such a panic I turned the TV on, opened every window, and stayed up until the sun rose at 6am. When I wake from these dreams, I'm convinced someone is watching me and it's TERRIFYING!

Not on any meds that would cause this. I've had different variations of the same dream for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyMe92 View Post
    I have this recurring dream that is getting worse and affecting my sleep.

It varies some each time, but is typically the same concept: I find myself in an old house. I will either find a secret room or a section of the house. The new room/section is haunted. I can feel a terrible presence. I can't breath. It is an OVERWHELMING sense of dread. I usually never see a ghost or spirit, but I know they are there.

Last night, I dreamt I was in a hotel suite and one room was so thick with spirits that I couldn't talk. The spirits were literally sucking the life out of me. I woke in such a panic I turned the TV on, opened every window, and stayed up until the sun rose at 6am. When I wake from these dreams, I'm convinced someone is watching me and it's TERRIFYING!

Not on any meds that would cause this. I've had different variations of the same dream for a while now.
    Hi,
    I can feel a terrible presence. I can't breath. It is an OVERWHELMING sense of dread. I usually never see a ghost or spirit, but I know they are there
    These dreams are caused by some breathing difficulties in sleep. The problem could be caused by sleeping on your back, especially if you lay your hand on your chest or belly. You could have a touch of sleep apnea; it is a condition where you stop breathing for a few seconds gasp for air and start breathing again. The condition is worse if you carry extra weight.
    If you had the condition for some time, it would be better to check with a doctor.
    Your subconscious uses the spirits and ghosts to frighten you awake. They are the creation of your own subconscious because you believee in them. Your subconscious is very economic, if they are there in your imagination it uses them to do some work!
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

MissyMe92 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjk View Post
    Hi,

These dreams are caused by some breathing difficulties in sleep. The problem could be caused by sleeping on your back, especially if you lay your hand on your chest or belly. You could have a touch of sleep apnea; it is a condition where you stop breathing for a few seconds gasp for air and start breathing again. The condition is worse if you carry extra weight.
    If you had the condition for some time, it would be better to check with a doctor.
    Your subconscious uses the spirits and ghosts to frighten you awake. They are the creation of your own subconscious because you believee in them. Your subconscious is very economic, if they are there in your imagination it uses them to do some work!
    That is EXACTLY how I sleep! I do carry a few extra pounds! If my mind wants me to wake up, can't it just flash a giant billboard saying "WAKE UP!" wouldn't freak me out!

Thanks for the insight. I just wonder what the houses mean? Probably nothing.. I mean ghosts don't live in donut shops.. although that would be a cool dream!

OH... so instead of being freaked out when I wake up, what would you suggest? Try and note the position I wake up in to see if there is a pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by MissyMe92 View Post
    That is EXACTLY how I sleep! I do carry a few extra pounds! If my mind wants me to wake up, can't it just flash a giant billboard saying "WAKE UP!" wouldn't freak me out!

Thanks for the insight. I just wonder what the houses mean? Probably nothing.. I mean ghosts don't live in donut shops.. although that would be a cool dream!

OH... so instead of being freaked out when I wake up, what would you suggest? Try and note the position I wake up in to see if there is a pattern?
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm sure now you know what your dreams are about, if they wake you up you will get comfortable and go back to sleep! You know there are no real ghosts or spirits only what your own subconscious creates.
    However the dreams persist check with your doctor about sleep apnea.
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

Default Re: ghosts

Spirits are generally good and they often carry messages to ensure your safety and give you premonitions to protect you. You may find that if you embrace the beyond and alternate realities like the sixth sense, you won't be so afraid anymore.
    I met someone who was frightened by the supernatural and as sure as she read some books on the topic and got involved in the New Age movement, her fears were assuaged.
    I think there is a misconception that ghosts are scary and fearsome, when in reality they are just dead people that need to go to Heaven or come back to life in a reincarnation. Every encounter I've had with a spirit has been a positive one...mostly, they are guardian angels and spirit guides leading you away from danger. Rarely, does a ghost attack unless you've insulted the dead in some way.
    Visit a graveyard and make the peace with a dead person, someone you don't know or cannot understand....before you know it, your nightmares will be a thing of the past.

spunky391 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dreamalittledream View Post
    Spirits are generally good and they often carry messages to ensure your safety and give you premonitions to protect you. You may find that if you embrace the beyond and alternate realities like the sixth sense, you won't be so afraid anymore.
    I met someone who was frightened by the supernatural and as sure as she read some books on the topic and got involved in the New Age movement, her fears were assuaged.
    I think there is a misconception that ghosts are scary and fearsome, when in reality they are just dead people that need to go to Heaven or come back to life in a reincarnation. Every encounter I've had with a spirit has been a positive one...mostly, they are guardian angels and spirit guides leading you away from danger. Rarely, does a ghost attack unless you've insulted the dead in some way.
    Visit a graveyard and make the peace with a dead person, someone you don't know or cannot understand....before you know it, your nightmares will be a thing of the past.
    I talk to my spirit guide all the time. I also stop breathing when I'm asleep. I've done this since I was a baby. It used to scare my mother half to death, cause her sister died when she was one month old of crib death. But I told my mom that I couldn't help it. I don't have no real bad scary dreams. My only problem is when I do have a bad dream, they come true. So, guess you need to be thankful that your dreams don't come true.

Default Re: Spunky's sleep apnea

Spunky,
    There are ways to deal with sleep apnea, like wearing an oxygen mask while you sleep. Apnea is a bit like asthma in that it is a misunderstood phenomena.
    I think premonitory dreams are a way to warn you of impending danger. I feel like spirit guides and angels can protect you. I think ghosts and spirits get a bad rap, because basically people don't understand the occult world. People are frightened of dreams and nightmares and predilections, because they are taught to use logic and be rational and the whole world when we sleep is enigmatic and difficult to comprehend.
    Personally, I find ghosts to be interesting and to be helpful in my life...if a TV goes on by itself, then I know there is an entity nearby. I'm such an oddball with so few friends that having a Casper, the friendly ghost, type in my life is a Godsend. At least, I'm never bored.
    Good luck and best wishes.